Dean’s List and Achievements | The Altamont Enterprise
These local students have been added to the list of deans by their college or university for the fall semester 2020:
– Nora Abbott from Delmar at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher;
– Robert Erickson of Voorheesville at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher;
– Patrick Regels of Delmar at Northern Vermont University in Vermont with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher; and
– Thottam of Slingerlands, PhD in Occupational Therapy from the University of Science in Philadelphia.
These local students received the Susan Sutton Smith Award SUNY Oneonta 2020-2021 for academic excellence with a grade point average of 3.9 or higher:
– Mira DelSignore from Slingerlands with a focus on psychology;
– Paris Evereth of Slingerlands with a focus on computer science;
– Natalia Gibbons from Delmar with a focus on sports management;
– Trisha Glogan from Schenectady with a focus on early childhood / childhood education (B-6);
– Johnna Kollar from Schenectady with a focus on criminal justice; and
– Emily Lasch from Delmar with a focus on biology.
These local Hudson Valley Community College students were recently inducted into the Alpha Xi Sigma chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the international academic honor society for students at two-year colleges:
– Benjamin Bryant from Delmar;
– Kasia Fahsel from Schenectady;
– Caitlin McQueeney from Guilderland;
– Rachel Mead of Altamont;
– Devin Schiele from Delmar; and
– Ashley Tenney from Altamont.