Lee Health seeks blood donations | News, Sports, Jobs
Lee Health is looking for blood donations to replenish supplies. Current blood supplies are critically low and Lee Health’s blood centers are in dire need of donors.
As home to the only trauma center in the region, it is important that the blood supply to the system remains at healthy levels in order to provide rapid care to patients in dire need of a transfusion. Blood and blood products are used not only in the trauma center, but also to treat cancer patients, premature babies, anemia, and a host of other diseases.
Lee Health Blood Centers are the sole supplier of all blood products to the entire healthcare system. Approximately 800 units of blood are required per week, and the blood centers rely on community life-saving donations to maintain stocks.
The Lee Health Blood Mobile is used in the following locations:
• April 14: Primary Care Doctor, 5700 Lee Blvd., Lehigh Acres, 3pm to 6pm
• April 17th: Health Fair, 23450 Via Coconut Point, Estero, from 8 am to 11 am
• April 18: Cypress Lake Presbyterian Church, 8260 Cypress Lake Drive, Fort Myers, 8:45 am to 11:45 am
• April 18: Summit Church, 19601 Ben Hill Griffin Parkway, Fort Myers, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
• April 19: Lee Physician Group, 1682 NE Pine Island Road, Cape Coral, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• April 20: Cape Coral Technical College, 360 Santa Barbara Blvd. N., Cape Coral, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• April 20: Lee Physician Group, 9131 College Pointe Court, Fort Myers, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
• April 21: The New Resident’s Club at 5815 Driftwood Parkway in Cape Coral from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm
All blood donated at Lee Health remains in the system to care for patients in southwest Florida. If you can’t take a ride, you can donate at one of Lee Health’s blood centers.
For more information on how and where to donate, please visit https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/blood-centers.