Suncoast Credit Union donates $75,000 to nonprofits, charitable organizations | News, Sports, Jobs
Suncoast Credit Union donated $ 75,000 to local nonprofits and charities across its service area on the occasion of its 75th branch opening in the fourth quarter of 2021. Donations began in early December and continued through the end of the year.
Each of Suncoast’s 75 branches selected a local charity in their community to receive $ 1,000, with Suncoast making a total of $ 75,000 in donations across Florida. Supporting local communities is a cornerstone of the credit union’s mission and values, allowing local autonomy in funding the greatest and greatest needs.
“Giving back to the community is at the heart of Suncoast Credit Union, and we’re excited to celebrate 75 branches with donations that help make a difference locally in the communities our members call home. “ said Kevin Johnson, President and CEO of Suncoast Credit Union. “The pandemic has created greater needs across a wide spectrum and we hope we can help, especially during the year-end holiday season.”
Suncoast Credit Union began in 1934 when a handful of local educators formed the Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union. Over the years Suncoast has grown to include anyone living, working, attending school, or worshiping in Florida counties.
Lee County – 14 donations
• Barbara’s Friends, Cape Coral Santa Barbara Service Center
• Literacy Gulf Coast, Cape Coral Southwest Service Center
• ACT Counseling and Abuse Treatment, Fort Myers Matthew Drive Service Center
• Harry Chapin Food Bank, North Fort Myers Service Center
• Lee Memorial Health Systems Foundation, Cape Coral Del Prado Service Center
• PACE Center for Girls, East Fort Myers Service Center
• Gulf Coast Humane Society, College Parkway Service Center
• Mr. Lucky Dog Sanctuary, Riverdale Service Center
• SWFL Children’s Aid Center, Lee Boulevard Service Center
• NAMI of Lee County, Fort Myers Daniels Parkway Service Center
• Center of Independent Living Gulf Coast, Treeline Service Center
• Lehigh Acres Senior Center, Lehigh Acres Service Center
• St. Soraya’s Animal Sanctuary, Bonita Springs Service Center
• Lee Interfaith for Empowerment, Estero Service Center
About the Suncoast Credit Union
Suncoast Credit Union is the largest credit union in the state of Florida, the 10th largest in the United States by membership, and the 10th largest in the United States by assets of $ 14.9 billion. Founded in 1934 as Hillsborough County Teachers Credit Union, Suncoast Credit Union currently operates 75 full-service branches and serves more than one million members in 40 counties across Florida.
Anyone who lives, works, goes to school or celebrates church services in the service area of the Suncoast Credit Union can become a member as a Community Credit Union. In 2021, the Suncoast Credit Union membership area expanded to include public K-12 teachers, college professors, and educational support staff from all 67 Florida counties. Suncoast is passionate about helping the community. Since its inception in 1990, the Suncoast Credit Union Foundation has raised more than $ 32 million and donated to organizations and initiatives that support the health, education, and emotional well-being of children in the communities served by the credit union. For more information, visit suncoastcreditunion.com or follow us on social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter.