SBE elects Andrea Cummis as president
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—The Society of Broadcast Engineers announced the results of the 2021 National Board election and elected Andrea Cummis, CBT, CTO, as President of the Society.
Cummis, Chief Technical Officer of PBS39 / WLVT-TV in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is the first woman to be elected to the office. She is a member of SBE Chapter 15 in New York City.
“I look forward to serving society and its members,” said President-elect Cummis. “President Wayne Pecena has led society through an interesting and unusual time, and as everyone looks forward to a return to normal, I am delighted that society is still growing and thriving. I look forward to working with the board and members so that we can expand our membership and connect with the media professionals among us. “
Additional one-year terms as officers beginning October 11, 2021 are:
- Vice President: Ted Hand, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, ATSC3, DRB; Chapter 45 Charlotte; Charlotte, NC
- Secretary: Kevin Trueblood, CBRE, CBNT; Chapter 90 Southwest FL; Ft. Myers, Florida.
- Treasurer: Jason Ornellas, CBRE, CRO; Chapter 43 Sacramento; Sacramento, California.
The two-year terms of office on the board, which also begin on October 11, are:
- Zhulieta Ibisheva, CBTE, CBT; Chapter 50 Hawaii; Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jeff Juniet, CBTE; Chapter 42 Central Florida; Casselberry, Florida.
- Charles “Ched” Keiler, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNE; Chapter 53 South Florida; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Geary S. Morrill, CPBE, AMD, CBNE; Chapter 91 Central Michigan; Saginaw, me.
- David Rater, CPBE, CBNT; Chapter 16 Seattle; Seattle, Washington.
- Dan Wrealy, CBTE; Chapter 96 Rockford; Sumner, Iowa
The national board of SBE is responsible for developing the policy and determining the programs and services that the association offers its more than 5,000 members. The elected begin their term of office on October 11, 2021 during the SBE general meeting and the award ceremony. They will join the other six directors who have one more year in their tenure:
- Stephen Brown, CPBE, CBNT; Chapter 80 Fox Valley; Appleton, Wisc.
- Roswell Clark, CPBE, CBNT; Chapter 39 Tampa Bay Area; Clearwater, Florida.
- Kirk Harnack, CBRE, CBNE; Chapter 103 Nashville; Nashville, Tenn.
- Thomas McGinley, CPBE, AMD, CBNT; Chapter 16 Seattle; Missoula, Mont.
- Shane Toven, CPBE, DRB, CBNE; Chapter 43 Sacramento; Antelope, California.
- Fred Willard, CPBE, 8-VSB, CBNT; Chapter 37 District of Columbia; Washington, DC
Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, ATSC3, AMD, DRB, CBNE, College Station, Texas, continues to serve on the board as a past president.