Kearney Hub’s Lori Potter wins top award in national competition | Local news
Erika Pritchard, the hub’s regional editor, also received an honorable mention in the competition.
The competition judges evaluated 1,500 entries from newspapers, magazines, photography, television, radio, books and digital media. Only the first placed in each state competition went on to the national competition. All entries were published in the 2017 calendar year.
The winners (some categories required multiple entries) from the Kearney Hub were:
– First place, Agriculture, Agribusiness and Aquaculture, for “Skyhawks; Hunt for dreams ”and“ Hueftle: New feet a stroke of luck ”.
– First place, food: Package “Prayer Planted to Improve Health” and “Mroczek’s Secret Kolache Ingredient: Tradition”.
– First Place, Science or Technology: “Whitney: Not a” Simple Button “for Farmers Fighting Palmer Amaranth” Package and “GPS Can Unveil Unknowns in UNK Research Project.”
– First place, photo essay “Branding Day on the Prairie”.
– Second place, news: “Hailstorm leads to devastating losses for farmers in the region” and sidebar.
– Second place, Education: “Working to raise a herd, living as a rancher” and “Wetlands work well”.