Lehigh Falls to Army in First Match of the Weekend
WEST POINT, NY – The Lehigh women’s tennis team fell to Army in its first of two league matches this weekend. The Black Knights defeated the Mountain Hawks 7-0 at West Point, NY on Friday afternoon.
Army asserted its dominance early in the match, defeating Lehigh in both doubles matches to secure the 1-0 lead going into singles. At the No. 1 spot, sophomores Anushka and Megha Dania battled Army’s Stephanie Dolehide and Caroline Vincent before falling 6-3.
The Mountain Hawks tried to fight their way back during singles play but were unable to earn the win at West Point on Friday. Junior Junmoke James had quite the battle at the No. 2 spot but was unable to come out on top. James was defeated by Cooper Jackson 6-3, 6-4.
Lehigh will remain at West Point to take to Boston University on Saturday. The two teams will face off at noon at the Malek Tennis Center.
- Dolehide / Vincent (Army) def. M Dania / A Dania (Lehigh) 6-3
- Jackson / Herremans (Army) def. Javagal v James (Lehigh) 6-1
Order of finish: 2, 1
- Stephanie Dolehide (Army) def. Hamsa Javagal (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-2
- Cooper Jackson (Army) def. Junmoke James (Lehigh) 6-3, 6-4
- Paola Bou (Army) def. Megha Dania (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-0
- Justine Dondonay (Army) def. Anushka Dania (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-1
- Paige Herremans (Army) – Default
- Carolyn Ahn (Army) – Default
Order of finish: 4, 3, 1, 2